Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 23

Well, we are more than halfway done with the baby baking. On Friday, I will be 23 weeks. We set a date for the C-section and have picked a name. I moved Miss Roo to the bigger room, and got her twin bed set up, with new Dora bedding. She still prefers the crib converted to the toddler bed, but we have time to work on that. I have got my newborn cloth diaper stash worked out, I think. I have a dozen and a half nb prefolds, a dozen infant prefolds, 5 small covers and a few nb fitteds. I also sold off some of the diapers we were not reaching for, and got 8 new Rumparooz. I received 3 over the weekend and the other 5 should be here tomorrow. So total, I should have 12. These diapers have the shortest rise of any OS pocket, so I think they will be great for the nb stage. We will probably use the pfs and covers at home and save the RaR for going out. The great thing about the RaR, well, 2 great things, is they still fit Miss Roo, at 28 months, 37 inches tall and 34 pounds and they have these awesome double gussets to hold EBF poo in. Super excited to try them on a newborn.

We also had a baby shower for my SIL this weekend. MIL, GMIL and I went in and got her 12 brand new Kawaii pocket diapers. She was thrilled!! She was hugging them and went on and on about it. I had also got her 3 other new diapers, and she ordered another 3. So 18 new diapers, and she probably had another 6 or 8 ones I had sold her. The shower also gave me the opportunity to show off some of my diapers and explain how they worked. People were grossed out at first, and I heard from several, including a pregnant cousin, that they couldn't do that cause they work full time. Haha, I put that myth down quickly. I told them I worked full time, commuted another 10 hours a week and I did it. I said that it really only adds 3 loads a week, which is nothing compared to what other people in the house create (um, DH). They were impressed about how cute they were and how easily they went on the baby. Of course, I had some cute ones with me, so that always helps. I told everyone who was thinking about another baby to get with me if they were thinking about it. We also talked about how inexpensive they are, and how long you can use they for. Pretty fun times, at least for me.

Otherwise, things are pretty good. B got a job and started last week. He is really liking it, which I know makes him feel better. He is finally on an anti-depressent/anxiety med that is helping, so he wants to take it. He seems generally better. He has been sleeping again, helping more, and talking about things. In another week or so, he starts some really intensive therapy to help him deal with the PTSD, so that will be interesting. I am a little nervous that it will bring up stuff he doesn't want to talk about, but its supposed to also teach him how to deal and function with it. It sounds like a great program, but I guess we will see.

Nothing else really going on. Its finally spring, so we have been leaving windows open and Miss Roo never wants to be inside. I had to bribe her to come in and nap yesterday. The babysitter was bribing the kids today. She said if they are good, they get to play outside later. Its supposed to be around 75 degrees today. And sunny. Always feel better when the sun is shining.

God is so great in my life. I hope I can continue to serve Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment